Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Norcross Art Fest


Well we went to Atlanta Saturday to go to the Norcross Art Fest.  First, we went to pick up my friend Aongelic.  It was pretty organized.  They had some parking options where you could take a shuttle bus to the festival.  This was awesome.  Since I’m not familiar with that area, it was great to just sit back and let someone else drop us off.  They drop you off right at the kids area.  Victoria couldn’t wait to get to the activities.  They had so many things for kids to do.  I’ve never seen that much kid’s stuff at an art festival before.  However, she must wait until we’re finished. 

This festival was huge.  It was all outside.  I have to say, I haven’t been to that many art festivals, so I don’t have much to compare it to.  However, this one was great.  It was extremely crowded, and from the perspective of an artist, that was amazing.  They weren’t all there to look either.  I saw a lot of people buying things.  


This is a shot of the crowd.  This is only one part of it.  There were about three other areas this size.



Victoria got her face painted for the first time.  She loved it.  She had an awesome time.  We went to visit our friend Erica who just had a baby, so she got to play with their dog while we were there.  She had one fun filled day.

I'm hoping to make it to this show as a vendor next year.  I'm really glad I took the time to go check it out.  I  think it will help me in the long run to see how big a show can be, what people are selling, etc.  I feel like I would be so much more prepared now than if I hadn't gone.  I've been to our local art fest many times.  This one was so different.  I should probably check out a couple more before I start signing up for them.



1 comment:

  1. wow that is a lot of people. i bet your stuff would do great at a place like that!

    ReplyDelete