Monday, August 29, 2011

Taking a Risk




I’ve been painting for a little over a year now.  I love making my “girls”.  They are so much fun for me, and it’s something that I am drawn to.  However, I’ve been wanting to do a couple of other series of paintings.  I love birds and flowers, so I made this little painting to help jump start this series.  I haven’t figured out what the second series is going to be yet, but it will come to me at some point.  This was a fun little painting, and kind of represents what’s going on with me right now.  I’m taking a risk with trying to do art full time and make a living out of it.  It’s a very scary place to be.  I have to depend on myself, and that’s something I’m not sure I can do!  Thank goodness for Kelly Rae Roberts and her class Flying Lessons for showing me the way to do things.  Hopefully, I will learn tons from her and be able to make all my dreams come true.  I’m working on setting my goals for my business and see what exactly where it is I want to take it.  My first step is to get some online sales and do a couple of art shows.  Next I will plan on getting published in some magazines.  This will hopefully boost my Etsy sales.  It’s a hard place to be when you feel like you are alone. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the new painting.  There should be more like this to follow soon.

13 comments:

  1. Love the painting, Jacquie! Very fun. You have inspired me to take some risks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacquie - I'm a fellow flyer too :) Lovely painting! I am also in a similar place and trying to establish myself as an artist. Best of luck to both of us :)
    Abby
    http://111collagedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on having big goals and taking risks! After you do that, you'll be so proud when you look at all you've done.

    Jill L.
    (from Flying Lessons)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girls -- and butterflies and flowers. You're well on your way!

    Connie
    (from Flying Lessons)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I'm so glad I have the support of you guys though. That's going to help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting. So cute! Perfect words. Hang it where you can see it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacquie - I like your new painting. This class is great at helping us take the next steps, and the group makes us feel like we are NOT so alone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacquie, you are so not alone! Thanks to KRR I'm really enjoying getting to know you and I love your art! Your work is fantastic and you will succeed;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much guys. i'm not sure if you guys get notice if I reply, so I'm also going to post on the group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacquie! Thanks for popping by my blog, your comment was so much appreciated. Photoshop is not so bad once you get in there and fool around a bit. I learned a lot from online tutorials. I love your paintings!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it all. your site looks so great and your art is beautiful! following...! fellow flyer, jynene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful art. Such fun happy colors - Love it. Happy Flying!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, thanks you guys. I'm having a bad day creatively. I'm having a few issues of doubt. I have my first show coming up, and it's starting to freak me out!!! Your comments are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete