Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wondering

I've been thinking a lot lately about my artistic journey.  I'm trying to find what's in the cards for me.  It's so hard to know what to do.  Am I doing the right thing?  Is this the thing I'm meant to be doing?  How do I go about making this my job?  I'm going to be taking Kelly Rae Roberts class next week.  I can't wait.  I'm hoping to get all the answers I need in this class.  I've been spending a good portion of my day reading her blog.  It is so inspiring to me.  Well, she is.  Her blog is absolutely her.  It's not just ramblings about things no one cares about.  She lays her whole heart and spirit out for everyone.  It's so refreshing to hear her hopes and fears.  It lets me know I'm not alone. 

My baby also draws half the day.  She has drawn so many things that are amazing to me.  I can't wait to see how she develops as she grows up (not that I want her to grow up, but you know what I mean).  I need to learn from her.  She is so free, and just puts down whatever she wants.  She doesn't sit and wonder what's going to look good.  She just puts her heart on the paper.  I need to do more of that.

I was reading in Kelly's blog about Artfest, and I would love to go next year.  I'm going to put forth some effort into making it happen.  I've also been researching shows.  It's such a complicated thing to think about.  So many of them want booth shots. I don't have those, since I've never been in a show. Then what do I do about a tent, etc. once I get there?  It's also very intimidating.  I wish I could just find a website that tells me what to do.  It's really frustrating.  Sometimes I suffer from information overload, and I need someone to help sort out all the clutter. 

Here's one of my early works.  I want to remember where I started, so I can see where I'm going. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jacquie! I'm so inspired by the honesty in this post. I hope you do find all the answers your looking for to help your creative spirit soar. Your artwork is amazing! I wish I could do that! Good luck to you and enjoy the e-course. I'm looking forward to learning from Kelly Rae. Her blog is one of my favorites! Take care...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie. Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I do love Kelly Rae's blog too. I believe she is so right about putting yourself into it. I think that's what I like so much about it. I love her honesty.

    ReplyDelete